Iker Casillas has issued a positive update after the Porto goalkeeper suffered a heart attack during training.Casillas, the Real Madrid legend, is in a stable condition after being struck by an acute myocardial infarction on Wednesday morning, the Primeira Liga club confirmed.
Todo controlado por aqu, un susto grande pero con las fuerzas intactas. Muchsimas gracias a todos por los mensajes y el cario pic.twitter.com/i3TXsELUGD— Iker Casillas (@IkerCasillas) May 1, 2019The 37-year-old admits he suffered a ‘big scare’ and thanked everybody for their messages of support in a Twitter post from his hospital bed.He said: “All controlled here, a big scare but with the forces intact. Thank you very much for the messages and affection.”Sergio Ramos, the Real Madrid captain, led the messages of support as the footballing world reacted to the news earlier on Wednesday.
@IkerCasillas— Sergio Ramos (@SergioRamos) May 1, 2019
Fuerza @IkerCasillas ! — Thibaut Courtois (@thibautcourtois) May 1, 2019
Get well soon my friend @IkerCasillas pic.twitter.com/We4d6kjq9y— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) May 1, 2019
Stay strong @IkerCasillas !!! https://t.co/YChJ85fpe6— Asmir Begovic (@asmir1) May 1, 2019
Sorry to hear this. Wishing @IkerCasillas a full and speedy recovery. One of the greats. https://t.co/y0vjh0aHuu— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) May 1, 2019
Stay strong, @IkerCasillas! Our best wishes for a quick and complete recovery— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) May 1, 2019
Get well soon, @IkerCasillas. All of us at Chelsea wish you a full and speedy recovery. pic.twitter.com/I1rHtTaxxx— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) May 1, 2019
Sending lots of love from Rome @IkerCasillas pic.twitter.com/rxSySRVF4t— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) May 1, 2019The 37-year-old, who signed a new deal with Porto earlier this year, is widely regarded as one of the greatest goalkeepers in the history of the game.He captained Spain to European Championship success either side of their victorious 2010 World Cup campaign, and also won three European Cups and five LaLiga titles playing for Real Madrid.
1Sempre Juntos!Fora Iker! #FCPorto #IkerCasillas pic.twitter.com/EiUhdltbIO— FC Porto (@FCPorto) May 1, 2019His new contract, signed in March, runs until the end of next season with the option for a further year. Should the option be triggered, Casillas will still be playing at the age of 40, and he intends to retire when the deal expires.“Today is a very special day,” he said after putting pen to paper. “I feel at home at this club. I want to stay here until I finish my career as a footballer.“When I got here, many would think it would be to play a year or two and finish. I only have words of appreciation to this club. Not only to the club but to the city itself. “Our idea is to compete for the missing titles. We have the total focus on the championship and the possible final of the Portuguese Cup, where we want to be. In the Champions League, anything can happen.“My head is only in FC Porto. I will finish my career here and represent the values of the club and the values of the Portistas. After that, frankly, I don’t know, but I hope I’m always tied to football.”

Chelsea vs Man United team news and line-ups: Who starts FA

Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn believes there is more togetherness at the Emirates this season compared to last. Unai Emery has guided the club to the quarter-finals of the Europa League, and Champions League qualification via the top four remains in their hands. A 3-0 victory over Rennes last week
Nigel Winterburn - talkSPORT

Manchester United news: Louis van Gaal SLAMS Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for 'parking the bus' and playing negatively against the bigger teams Written by: fpnews Posted on: April 21, 2019 Louis van Gaal has accused Ole Gunnar Solksjaer of 'parking the bus' against bigger teams in his latest critical outburst against the Manchester United boss.
Louis van Gaal gives Man Utd verdict after Ole Gunnar

England Under-21s squad: Chelsea wonderkid Callum Hudson-Odoi earns debut call-up after impressing for Blues The teenage winger has scored four goals for Chelsea this season, and is rewarded with
Callum Hudson-Odoi earns first England squad call-up ahead of

Former Swansea City player Alejandro Pozuelo scored an outrageous lob for new team Toronto FC on Friday as he bagged a brace against New York City on his debut for the club. Receiving the ball
Watch this former Swansea City player score an outrageous lob

Manchester United legends squad vs Bayern Munich confirmed for 1999 match including David Beckham. Manchester United will face Bayern Munich 20 years on from the historic Champions League final in
Manchester United legends squad vs Bayern Munich confirmed

Jurgen Klopp told Mario Gotze he may need a hair transplant, Borussia Dortmund ace reveals in hilarious tale. Borussia Dortmund ace reveals in hilarious tale.
Jurgen Klopp: FA seeks observations from Liverpool manager

Paul Pogba to push for Manchester United exit this summer - sources The 26-year-old midfielder said back in March that he dreams of But the fear for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer rejects Paul Pogba transfer talk

The winger met a clearance by the Citizens with a 30-yard thunderbolt on the volley to move Crystal Palace 2-1 up on the Champions. It helped the Eagles to an eventual 3-2 win.
Newcastle consider re-signing Andros Townsend from Crystal Palace

Odds slashed on Ajax wonderkid joining Liverpool this summer Liverpool transfer news live: Souness fears for Salah and Mane's future, Pepe latest Matthijs de Ligt names Man United star as
Liverpool news and transfers RECAP - Ajax wonderkid De Ligt

Frenkie de Jong: Barcelona fans already loving Dutch maestro after his majestic display for Ajax in Real Madrid thumping De Jong, 21, will link up with Barca in the summer after Ajax accepted a £
Google News - Frenkie de Jong - Latest

United 'on track' to achieve record annual income despite quarterly drop United's quarterly income fell by £8.7million compared to the same period 12 months ago. Manchester United have announced reduced quarterly revenue in their latest
Manchester United announce reduced quarterly revenue - ITV News

Sheffield United funded by £3million loan from 'Osama bin Laden's family' The revelation about Sheffield United, who have been promoted to the Premier League, was made in the High Court
Newly-promoted Premier League side 'funded by loan from Osama

Liverpool, who missed out on the Premier League title to Manchester City by one point, did not produce their usual whirlwind attacking game but Salah's debatable penalty and Origi's arrowed finish sealed a sixth European Cup triumph. "Everyone is happy now," said Salah as the Liverpool fans rejoiced.
The astonishing statistics of Pep Guardiola's record breaking


0 Comments